Value Added Services
This page contains useful information for other K-12 services provided by AEA Purchasing's food program.
Vitamin D and Children
January 2017 Smart Snack List
*To access Smart Snack Calculator supporting documentation, please contact Meg Thompson, email@example.com, for the link.
2017 ServSafe Training from AEA Purchasing
Class dates & locations will be announced in April via email. Classes are FREE to AEA Purchasing Members!
- Nine classes will be provided across the state of Iowa, June-August 2017
- Class is 8:30am-5pm, including the certification exam (two hours allowed for exam)
- Photo ID is required to take certification exam
- Lunch is not provided--please bring a sack lunch with you to class
- Minimum of 15 attendees is required (class size is limited to 35 attendees)
- Study tools will be provided via email
- ServSafe book is not provided; ServSafe exam answer sheet is provided
- ServSafe Manager Book 6th Edition (text book only) is available for purchase for $50.50 on the ServSafe website: http://www.servsafe.com/access/ss/Catalog/ProductList/5
- Registration is a first come, first serve basis. Please plan to register in April once dates & locations are released.
- You may register via phone, email or U.S. mail.
- Non-members: training only (no exam) is $75 & training with certification exam is $150
Class Options Include:
- Training Only: provides six hours of education to apply towards professional standards (summary of requirements: http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/cn/profstandards_flyer.pdf).
"Hours of Training" certificate provided upon completion.
- Training with Certification Exam: meets Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) requirements. A minimum score of 75% is required to be certified. Certification is valid for five years.
Class Content Covers:
- The Importance of Food Safety
- Good Personal Hygiene
- Time & Temperature Control
- Preventing Cross-Contamination
- Cleaning & Sanitizing
- Safe Food Preparation
- Receiving & Storing Food
- Methods of Thawing, Cooking, Cooling & Reheating Food
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points)
- Food Safety Regulation